SkyQuest is looking for a talented Software Engineer – Android Native with a technical background and experience building excellent user-focused apps and experience working in an agile environment.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the development and shipping of great mobile apps while closely working with other app development and cross-functional teams.
- At least 2 years Technical Diploma or a BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum of 1 year of proven experience in Android Native development.
- Must have published at least one original Android Native app on Google Play Store.
- Solid experience with Android SDK, Java/Kotlin, and implementation of mobile UI.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.