Job Title: IT System Support Officer
Experience: 1-3 Years in System Support or IT Technical Helpdesk
Qualification: BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
Location: Dubai (2-month remote training in Karachi)
Age Limit: 27 Years
Overview: One of our clients based in Dubai, UAE is looking for an IT System Support Officer who can accomplish organizational objectives by managing and monitoring existing and new software systems, while achieving long-term career growth within the company. The selected candidate would be required to go through a 2-month remote training and working with SkyQuest team in Karachi. Upon its successful completion, the candidate would be required to travel and work on-site in Dubai, UAE at the client’s office.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems (ERP/Route Management/Online Portals) and infrastructure for the organization.
- Collaborating with the SkyQuest team in Karachi to improve existing systems and implement new technologies.
- Take initiatives and assist senior management to establish IT policies and procedures.
- Creating reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information related to system performance and errors.
- Preparing reference for company staff (users) by writing system operating instructions.
- Ensuring the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Preserving assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures.
- Protecting data confidentiality by setting the right protocols and keeping information secure.
- Dealing with hardware vendors; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment, etc.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results and be available for on-call support as needed.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English is a priority.
- Experience working with the following environments: Mac OS, Windows 10, and Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu) OS, Microsoft 365 suite (including Outlook), and cPanel/WHM.
- Experience with database management and reporting (MySQL/phpMyAdmin or MSSQL Server).
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Docs/Sheets/Slides).
- Must be able to set up and troubleshoot various technical equipment & apps such as laptops, video conferencing and remote sharing systems (Zoom/Jitsi/TeamViewer), etc.
- Good knowledge of networking; TCP/IP protocol, subnetting, and information systems security.
- Familiarity with Agile project management (Scrum) is a plus point.